Secure Ordering GuaranteeProviding you with a secure online experience is a high priority of Mohawk. We recognize that your privacy and security are of the utmost importance, and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that your personal information is safeguarded. Your transactions are not only supported by industry-standard data encryption, but also protected by Mohawk's Secure Ordering Guarantee.
Mohawk Secure Ordering Guarantee
The Mohawk Secure Ordering Guarantee helps to cover you against unauthorized charges on your credit card. From our experience, we know it is an important factor to have the same confidence when you use your credit card online as you do when you order by phone. That's why we now offer the Mohawk Secure Ordering Guarantee - to help protect you from credit card theft or misuse. Here are the steps we take to help ensure that your purchase is safe with us:
- Data encryption. To help protect your credit card number and personal information, we encrypt every order. Encryption is a process by which we use software to scramble your credit card number and personal information in transit to Mohawk-Finishing.com.
- The Mohawk Secure Ordering Guarantee. In the unlikely event that your credit card company holds you liable for any unauthorized charges to your account resulting from your online purchases at Mohawk-Finishing.com, Mohawk will cover your liability up to $50 (the maximum you can be held liable for).
Store Security - Safer Transmissions
- Positive identification. The Mohawk-Finishing.com website is registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm the Mohawk's identity before any transmission is sent. With this technology, the identity of our site is automatically confirmed behind the scenes prior to the transmission of any customer information requested to complete an online order your data reaches your intended target or your browser notifies you (prior to your sending any personal information) that the potential receiving site looks suspicious and should be avoided
- Data encryption. If you are using a security-enabled browser (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer version 2.1 or greater, or Netscape Navigator version 2.0 or greater), the information you send us regarding your purchase is encrypted, making it extremely difficult to read even if it is wrongly intercepted. Mohawk-Finishing.com utilizes industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of: (1) potentially sensitive information such as your name and address (2) critically sensitive information like your credit card number. Standing behind our security technology, Mohawk-Finishing.com also provides the Secure Ordering Guarantee, helping to ensure that you are protected every time you buy online with us. For more details, take a look at this guarantee. If you are still uncomfortable with submitting your personal information via the Internet for any reason, please feel free to Contact Us over the phone or via fax to complete your order.
Store Security - Help Protect Yourself
If you use a security-enabled browser (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer version 2.1 or greater, or Netscape Navigator version 2.0 or greater) paying attention to two browser features will decrease the chances for the unintended or fraudulent use of your personal information:
- Browser security settings.
Your browser security preference settings are your first line of defense to stopping the theft or unwanted viewing of confidential, personal information. The most popular browsers offer you the ability to receive an alert or notification if any of the following happen or are about to occur:
- changing between secure and insecure transmission modes
- receiving an invalid site identification for the site to which you are about to transmit
- sending a transmission over an "open" or unsecured connection
- Browser security signals.The presence of security measures surrounding the entry of data on a web page is identified in two ways for you on your browser:
- the URL identifying the page will always begin with "https://" versus the normal "http://".
- a security symbol to indicate operation in a mode that supports secure transmissions
- A "closed lock" icon is present in the bottom right-hand corner of your Microsoft Internet Explorer browser screen
- An "unbroken key" icon appears in the lower left-hand corner of the Netscape Navigator browser screen
With these security measures in place, you can also feel confident that every credit card transaction you make at Mohawk is protected by the Mohawk Secure Ordering Guarantee. For more details, take a look at this guarantee. If concerned only about the privacy of your credit card information, we encourage you to submit your order electronically without a credit card number and a sales representative will contact you to obtain this information. If not using a browser with these standard security features, or if you are still uncomfortable with submitting your personal information via the Internet for any reason, please feel free to Contact Us over the phone or via fax to complete your order.
We hope that once you understand the measures we employ and the steps you can take to protect yourself, you'll be as confident about the security of your transactions and personal information as we are. The end result? When you buy online with us, you can buy with a measure of confidence.
Return to Top